Tuesday, March 5, 2013

New Product Alert!


What Is It?
The L'Oreal Wild Ombre Preference kit is a hair dye designed to easily yet effectively create the on-trend ombre, also know as dip-dye, hair in the comfort of your own home for cheap. The concept of the product is that you are meant to mix the included ingredients together, apply it to the also included comb/brush, then simply comb through the ends and lengths of your hair. The area that you apply the product is going to make it lighter, resulting in a gradient effect, going from dark at the roots, to lightest at the ends.




What The Company Says About It:
"Get on-trend with a two-tone dip-dye style at home. With an easy and simple to use brush on style-creator tool, this hair color look is easy to create.
Wild Ombrés is a revelation in the world of hair colour – fashion forward and celebrity inspired two-tone finish on a hair style that you can achieve in minutes.
"

My Thoughts
Looks like this product was available in the Uk before it hit the US as usual! I was really hoping that the facts were true that this kit was easy to use. I'm always uneasy when it comes to dying hair at home, but if your a risk taker and one to try on your own then this is for you! This one-time use, inexpensive permanent option which seems perfect for those who would rather do it themselves. I've always liked the look of the ombre hair and ombre trend in general, but have failed to embrace it at all, so when I saw these new L'Oreal kits, I was over the moon! Finally, I could embrace the trend whilst also getting my new low-maintenance hairstyle! 

I like the packaging, you can clearly see what the product is designed to do and all the instructions and information was really helpful. I liked the different tips included throughout, as well as picture demonstrations and clear, easy to understand instructions for each step needed.
The shade range is pretty good. There's 3 shades to choose from - Shade 1 for Light Brown to Dark Brown Hair, which is the one I used, Shade 2 for Dark Blonde to Medium Brown and finally, Shade 3 for Blonde to Dark Blonde. I think that's a fairly good selection to choose from. Although I do think it would be better if there were more shades available to suit different hair colors, like people with darker hair or red heads. Hopefully they will bring more out for the other hair colors soon!
Price
The price per kit is $12.99 online from Loreal. You could also get these from various online retailers and supermarkets, but I'm not sure of the price there. For this amount, in a single kit you will get the following; Expert Brush, Lightening Powder, Developer Creme, Lightening Creme, Conditioning Shampoo and Disposable Gloves. I think that is a very good price considering you get all you need in the kit, is a one-time use product and would cost you a fortune at a professional salon.
Pros
- Easy & fairly quick to do 
- Decent shade range
 - Affordable, with everything you need in a single kit
- Low maintenance (you never have to touch up roots or anything!)
- Evenly blended result
Cons
- Could be improved with a few more shades to choose from to suit different hair colors. 
EXAMPLE-one for black hair and/or redheads
Conclusion
Overall, I absolutely love this kit and am so glad I tried it! The results are beautiful and I am over the moon that I now have a nice, fun, on-trend hairstyle for just $12.00 and without having to go to the hairdressers and spend a fortune or to have to constantly touch up roots. 

Rate & Recommend
I rate this 10/10. Although, yes I think it would be better if it had a few more shades. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to try out the ombre hair trend, without spending a fortune. Even if you aren't very good with hair either, it's worth a try.


XOXOXO- N

No comments:

Post a Comment